- Location: Are you located or will the car be located in an area we service?
- Vehicle Year: Is the vehicle to be serviced a passenger or commercial (not Recreational) vehicle made during or after 2000?
- Vehicle Details: Do you know the Make, Model & Body-style or have the full Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)?
- Auto Glass Part: Driver’s side or Passenger’s side, Front or Rear, stationary or movable, clear or privacy tint, in the door or body?
- Auto Glass Features: (This one may be very difficult) Visit our Auto Glass Glossary or Windshield Features page to get more information on the wide variety of Auto Glass & Windshield options, features & attachments.
- Auto Glass Quality: Name Brand/OEM/Factory Part or OEE/Premium Aftermarket Part or even Standard Aftermarket Part?
At Mobile Glass, the first thing we determine is where you are located. This ensures that we can provide mobile windshield replacement at your location. Once we have determined that you are in the area that we service, we ask for the year, make, model, as well as the body style of your vehicle. We then ask which part needs to be replaced, as well as what options are required, including the color, attachments, heating elements, etc. This allows us to narrow down which glass and parts are needed in order to provide a quote. Then, it’s a matter of deciding what quality of glass you would like: OEM, American made or “premium aftermarket”, or an imported part or “standard aftermarket.” Typically, OEM glass is the most expensive and imported glass is the least expensive. The price of the glass is also determined by how common the particular part is. For example, if you have a really unique vehicle that has an uncommon body style, then naturally the glass itself is going to cost a lot more than what a standard model would cost. Vehicles that utilize a lot of technology in the windshield, for example, will also cost more. For example, a windshield with rain sensor technology will cost more than a windshield without this technology. Currently, the average price for a basic windshield replacement is approximately $300. For a high-end installation, it could range between; $800-$2,000 and up!